DCS Session 13/12/19

• Attendance 5

1. I'll be there (3) 60%
    2. I'd like to but I'm not sure this is for me (2) 40%
    3. Not a chance (0) 0%

It's that time again, the final Harbingers training session of the year will be held on Friday the 13th of December at 1900.

This will be a training session using the DCS AI JTAC on the Caucasus map. THIS MEANS YOU CAN JOIN IN COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!! This is the last system to get to grips with ahead of our first campaign in the new year. The JTAC can be used by the vast majority of aircraft but we will obviously focus on A/G assets. This is also the last training session before we go operational so any other problems will also be addressed.

Given the lack of interest I will not add the A-4 mod unless someone specifically asks for it.

Des8559  hoofed  Blu.  @SoKkada  @Byleth  Luke

• Can't see the results for whatever reason so whoever has voted "Not sure this is for me" please get in contact with us and we can talk you through getting started etc. I can get you flying and fighting in any of the aircraft currently in use by the Harbingers:

F-14B Tomcat

F/A-18C Hornet

AV-8b Harrier

Su-33 Flanker D

F-15C Eagle

F-16C Falcon (Viper to the yanks)

A-10A Thunderbolt II

A-10C Thunderbolt II

Su-25T Frogfoot

Ka-50 Black Shark

Mi-8MTV Hip

UH-1H Iroquois

Harbingers Discord is https://discord.gg/U9Q8Rh and has guides sections, videos etc to help out too

• Here we go then, DCS getting really real at the CAS game. Remember guys this stuff is open to all so come along, you might even have fun

9 Liner Format:

Line 1: IP. Not always present depending on the mission. Called N/A if not present.

Line 2: BEARING FROM IP AND ANY OFFSET. Just like a BRAA call albeit for ground targets. Again if no IP is present, this will be N/A

Line 3: RANGE FROM IP. As above but for range, usually in nautical miles.

From the first three lines you can accurately find the target.

Line 4: TGT ELEVATION. Target height above sea level. Used to give accurate CCRP solutions.

Line 5: TARGET TYPE. Description of target type. Tanks, IFVs, APCs, Trucks are all examples of target type.

Line 6: MGRS GRID REF. Grid reference of target on MGRS grid. If no IP is given, this is how you find the target.

Line 7: MARKING. How the target is marked. Smoke in daylight, IR pointer at night or laser. If laser, the laser code is also given.

Line 8: BLUFOR POSITIONS. Locations of nearby friendlies. Don't shoot them.

Line 9: EGRESS ROUTE. The route you will take to leave the AO. If an IP is given you will usually return to the IP.

9 Liner/DCS AI JTAC in action:

For those that are flying FC3 or the Su-25T, CTLD offers an alternative:

Any questions or problems yell out either here, in PM, in Discord (GOL or Harbinger) or on steam. Got 9 days to get your heads around this.

Anyone interested in CA JTAC duties don't worry too much about this but please start to get your heads around at least some of it.