Roleplay-Arma

• Altis Life couldn't be further removed from what this group stands for. That being serious coop gameplay.

Altis Life is PvP with exceedingly high levels of autism.

No thanks. Going down this path would challenge the GOL to give up their identity entirely.

Sure, we want recruits, but not at all costs (I hope). What would we be able to offer people who play Altis Life? Nothing.

• I have been a regular player on Altis life for around 4 years now, and I think that it is not a great idea to implement with GOL. First of all it is all PVP and every server i have ever played on has fatigue turned off, third person enabled and weight limits removed, it is very far removed from tactical coop and while I enjoy this game play many people in our clan probably dont.

Furthermore many of the biggest RP servers out there have well established communities that it would be almost impossible to poach players from, additionally running one of these servers is a lot harder than it sounds, I am on the development team for one of the larger RP servers so I have the privilege of being able to look behind the scenes and I can tell you that this server costs around £300 a month to run. We would also have to setup anti cheat and server management tools to "police" the server. there is a human cost as well, a popular server is going to need to a team of volunteers to be admins.

Even if we managed to do this, there is no guarantee that our server would even succeed, in the past i have seen dozens of people try to setup their own server and poach players from the one I play on only for most of them to crash and burn and have no active players.

If you really wanted to use the popularity of Altis life to recruit then your best bet would be to create a group on a currently popular one and allow people to join that group however many players would probably just join for the Altis life game play and wouldn't be interested in our coop events, and many servers will issue a permanent ban for advertisement on their servers.

• But when it is pure random pvp with a lot of bs and cheating going on, i think thats a bad idea.

Its not random pvp, but there are no PVE elements in the mission, and as for cheating while you do get some players that use things like aimbot or wallhacks the main thing is when a script kiddie joins the server to troll by killing everyone on the map or creating a massive swastika out of floating props. Most big servers have a good anti-cheat to prevent this, but all the good anti-cheats are developed in house and take a lot of work to maintain.

I feel like my previous comment has kinda painted the whole game mode in a negative light, and while I can think of hundreds of reasons as to why we shouldn't set up the mission on our servers, it is actually a fun game mode and I probably have around 2500-3000 hours in it and I while it probably wont appeal to many of the people in this clan if you haven't tried it I would recommend giving it ago or watching a video on it.

• my intension was just to keep something busy on the server. i recently, as i got holidays, started to play public arma again. it clearly is a mess. what we experienced within our last public session was high quality gameplay (believe it or not, usually it is way worse). we got a highend infrastructure which is just used for our thursday and saturday missions while it is online 24/7. we may verywell run something meanwhile.

antistasis has many errors and turned out not stable enough. we had many 'resets' which caused all progress to be lost. liberation was rather quickly done and didnt provide a long term experience.

therefore i came to my initial question. back in arma1 i made some sort of altislife with limited pvp. it took a extrem ammount of time setting it all up, yet i still got most of my scripts (dynamic stock market, buy properties, do farming or mining, perform illegal activities, join police force, do raids and even speeding control, become paramedic or politician and in the end join the army to fight off in a dynamic war against the other side of the island or negotiate temporary peace as politician). it was besides working on ACE what i spend months on work on, but as i was used to scripting from OFP i was fine with it. i kinda hoped someone did the same for arma3. i sincerly dont have the massiv ammount of time to translate all scripts to arma3 (some are still in old .sqs format, some sqf and fsm but overall they are outdated). furthermore sadly it seems all the people i used to know, dont play arma anymore except the creators of GM to which i never been to close to (specially mondkalb) - kinda feel old now. so i cant lure people to us and profit from beeing known as i used to be in the community. most of my project never got continued except a few ACE things.

well, i got a bit carried away. nevermind that. i just think it makes sense to run a long term mission outside our events. i just dont know what.

• Maybe Antistasi would be a good one? It'd allow people to freely join in and leave as they see fit. Or the other similar one we've already had on the server for a while, i don't remember what it's called. Although me personally i like the challenge of supply management and scavenging that Antistasi offers.