Clan DCS Squadron "VFA-29 Harbingers"

• Hey guys, FREE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That got your attention.

As some/most of you are aware we have an in-house DCS squadron that the AAC (well, me, Hoofed and Des) run called the Harbingers.

We are building toward full time combat operations and are always open to more pilots. Come along and have a laugh from the other side of the CAS call. Any skill level is welcome and even if you've never flown a study level sim before you can always sit on the apron and mock Des (a favourite Harbinger pass time) while we train you up.

Remember you can participate in the brilliant Su-25T COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE!!

That's correct, the Su-25T ground attack plane is completely free as is the regional map of the Caucasus mountain range covering the Black Sea region including parts of Russia, most of Georgia and parts of Albania, Turkey and Ukraine.

Flights currently operating:

Colt - F-14B

Dodge - F/A-18C

Reserve flights available if people wish:

Ford - AV-8b

Enfield - F-15C

Springfield - F-16C

Hog - A-10A/C

Uzi - Su-25T

Chevy - Su-33/A-4C

Pontiac - Mi-8MTV/UH-1H/Ka-50/SA342

We are also looking for guys that want to work as army commanders for ground forces, JTAC, AWACS/GCI controllers and LSO/Airboss. Commanders and JTAC will require the Combined Arms module while AWACS/GCI and LSO/Airboss can again be done COMPLETELY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We try to get together once a month(ish) in between GOL commitments so don't fret about missing official sessions.

Our standalone Discord is: https://discord.gg/dMDp68d (stops us cluttering the official Discord with memes and Des' 1980s poster boy collection)

• Are the SU-25 and map separate dl’s or do they come as part of the DCS steam edition.

Recently purchased a TM 1600M & throttle so would be good to get into this and have been meaning to for a while.

Where do i find the session dates/timings?

Thanks

• All included in the Steam version. Just opt in to open beta so we're all on the same version.

Timings etc will be broadcast here and on Discord when we confirm a session. Guys also get together outside of the organised sessions, again this will be listed on Discord

• For those that don't follow DCS news too closely the F-16 has finally been released into early access and will become one of the Harbingers Air Force units.

Check out this no nonsense review from the awesome Laobi he really doesn't mince his words so maybe don't watch it with kids around:

• If you have to ask someone “Should I buy the F-16C in Early Access?” then the answer is to buy the F-14B or F/A-18C instead and check back in two years during a sale.

The only reason I bought the F-16C without any hesitation is because it’s not a Razbam or Polychop module and I have other planes to fly while it gets fixed and improved.

• That's the last official session for the year over but I am looking into running a dedi on an evening for casual practice if people want to hop on.

Next year starts straight away in January with our first combat op unless there is a massive outcry for more practice.

• I've co-opted the wifes PC as a dedicated server for our DCS squadron. It runs from about 0700 (depending on when I get out of bed :P) until around 2200 (depending on when I pass out).

Feel free to drop in to practice. The mission is designed to allow you to practice whatever you want. Other pilots might also be around so you can get hints, tips or simply team up for some co-op training.

Server details:

IP: 92.232.65.81

Name: Harbingers Dedi

Password: Dog

SRS is on the same IP.

Gives us a constant running social game to play for those that are interested